GitHub User? Install Codecov's GitHub App!
Integrating with Codecov is easy using Codecov's GitHub App.
Once installed, you are done! You do not need to set a Team Bot because Codecov will use the integration to post statuses and comments.
Codecov will use a single user's OAuth token to interact with your repositories, using Bitbucket or GitLab API's. We call this the Codecov Bot.
Please follow these steps to select a Codecov Bot.
- Choose an existing user account, or create a new bot account (this would be a username for Gitlab or Bitbucket).
- This account MUST have admin access in order to send webhooks and create comments.
- Login with this account into Codecov.
- Set the bot in the Team Yaml by navigating to
- Type in the new username in the yaml as seen below.
- Click Save.
- Run a CI and upload coverage to Codecov to confirm that the new setup works.
# The user that you will use to serve as the bot connection to Codecov # This bot user must have permissions on the repo and Codecov (by logging in) codecov: bot: <bot-username> #this is a username for Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket
Yes. Codecov needs to get the bot's account OAuth token and link the user to your team.
No. Only Codecov Administrators and GitLab/Bitbucket Team Administrators can adjust the Global YAML on the settings page of your organization.
Updated 5 days ago